Monday, October 4, 2010

Step 2: Assess Where You Are


The next thing I did today was figure out some logistics. For one, I found out the walk is for three miles; which right now is a bit too long for me to walk. I think I can successfully walk a half-mile. I may be able to do more when I get there, but I think it's good to have a clear goal. My best friend Darice is going to walk with me. That is very exciting. We're calling our team the "Noble Mistresses" from the animated film we love "Kirikou and the Sorceress". My next steps are to 1) alert my friends and family; and 2) do some exercising to get ready for the walk. Something slow-paced and helpful to my stamina for the walk. I normally swim at the Berkeley Warm Pool, and do a Healing Yoga DVD for Aches and Pains that I find very helpful. Also, Gentle Fitness with Catherine McRae is good for me too. This whole thing means a lot to me for so many reasons. I feel like Rocky Balboa...lol.

This is the first time I feel like I'm doing something in support of "lupus" itself, with the ability to be patient and kind to myself. For once I don't have to be embarrassed or feel like I have to solve all my health issues overnight. THIS IS A BIG DEAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment