Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Step 3: Silence/Let go of the Lies


Last night, I wrote down a list of things people have said that have been hurtful around me having Lupus. A few things came from that; I realized how much support I've had around my health issues--MUCH more than have not been supportive. That made me extremely grateful for all the love that is around me. The second thing was some of the things that were said were nothing more than lies upon review.

But the BIGGEST thing that came out of the list was the lies that I told myself. OUCH! There were tapes that I had in my head that I chose to believe because I was having some limitation or because one or two people said something when I felt REALLY vulnerable.

In getting rid of the lies, here's what IS true for me:

- I should listen to my body for cues on how much to do (exert) myself.
- I am deeply and dearly loved by many, and I will continue to experience that love and support in future intimate relationships
- I am able to and am releasing the lies/hurtful things my last partner told me during our relationship. His perspective does not define me.
- I will have a family when the time is right.
- My body is in a constant state of healing and wellness.
- I will be able to thrive medication-free in the future.
- I continually seek ways to create wellness for myself and my environment.

Even just on the third day of this, I am feeling the power of these choices. It's okay to take my time to my goal, my own "finish line". Only I can choose how beautifully I live my life...

20 years of lies can be wiped out with one moment of the truth ~ Yoruba Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment