Thursday, October 7, 2010

Step 4: Ain't Nothin' to it But to Do it...



After a pretty hard night last night, I had to rest most the day. But, I still wanted to make sure that I did something towards my training today. Yesterday I had done some of the Yoga DVD. I knew I actually had to get out there and do some walking today. The issue is that my left knee has been swollen and tender, giving me problems through the night. I was determined to get out there today,even if just for a little bit.

I committed to walk the four blocks around my house. That I could do. In my mind, I wanted a larger goal, maybe 8 or 10 blocks, but I had to remind myself that this process is about listening to my body and doing what's good for me; and besides 4 blocks would be better than no blocks.

Also, the likelihood of me using a walker during the Walk itself is quite high, so I wanted to practice with one today; but I'm not ready to be in my neighborhood with a walker, so I just used a travel cart that I have. That actually worked well! It's lightweight and doesn't make me feel as self-conscious as an actual walker. So I got out there, did my blocks and came back home. Yay!! I'll do it again tomorrow, and keep on keepin' on! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment